Centre-based Financial Assistance Scheme for Child Care (CFAC)
( ComCare Child Care Subsidy)
ComCare's Child Care Subsidy, (also known as the Centre Based Financial Assistance) makes preschool education more affordable for low and lower middle-income families so that their children can have an early start to preschool education and development. Children in child care centres get the chance to learn; play and grow through the childcare programme.
Monthly Fee Subsidy
ComCare provides a subsidy for your child's child care fee every month, up to the maximum amount shown in the table below. This subsidy is given in addition to the universal government child care subsidy.
Start-up Grant for Needy Families
You may also receive a S$1,000 start-up grant for each child. The grant can be used to pay for the deposit, registration fee, uniforms and insurance expenses payable at the beginning of the year.
ComCare's Child Care Subsidy
Who Can Apply
- The child must be a Singapore citizen or permanent resident of Singapore (PR). If the child is a PR, then at least one immediate family member of the child must be a Singapore citizen;
- The child is below 7 years of age and is attending a licensed child care centre.
- The parents of the child are working.
- The family's monthly household income is S$3,500 or below, or the family's per capita income is $875 or below*.
*Per Capita Household Income =
Gross Household Income of (applicant + spouse)
Total number of family members* in the household
*Where family members include the applicant, spouse, their children and children's grandparents (with no income) staying within the same household
How to apply
Please apply for ComCare's Child Care subsidies directly at any licensed Child & Infant Care Centres.
Please bring along the following documents:
- Copy of child's Birth Certificate
- Copy of both parents' updated NRIC. If the child is cared for by a guardian, please provide a copy of the proof of guardianship and the guardian's NRIC.
- Copy of NRIC of family members (children and elderly parents without any income) residing within the same household if eligible under PCI
- Latest copy of both parents' payslips, or a letter from employers stating both parents' monthly income. If parents are working part-time, please indicate the number of work hours in the employers' letter.